Friday, June 23, 2006

Australia are Through! You Little Beauty (pronounced beauuuuudy)

So Australia, after having had a dry spell for 32 years, make it into the World Cup (that's World Cup Football to you sporting philistines out there). I am unsure whether Australia have ever made it to the 2nd round. I will do some research on that and get back to you.

So, last night when Australia played Croatia, I became rather excited whilst watching the match. Instead of tell the tale of my excitement, I will refer to the blog my flatmate Nicole posted on her site last night. Rather accurate I feel.

GOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!
Posted on @ 9:04 pm
Jen is ordering a Thai takeaway while watching the Australia v Croatia game.
Jen is Australian.
Score is 1-0 Croatia.
“Oh, yes, Hello. I’d like to order a takeaway. . . For pick-up. . . Cash. . . Ok, Chili Pepper Squid and–”
Australia gets a penalty kick.
“Yaki– Oh! Wait, Oh, wait! OH WAIT!!! They have a penalty kick! I’m sorry, I’m Australian! And OH! OH! OHH!”
Australia scores.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And Yaki– I’M SORRY! YEEAAAAAAAAHHH! I’m so SORRY! And Yaki Udon! I’m sorry!YEAHHHHH! GO SOCCEROOS! Udon! Yaki Udon! WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry! YEAHHHHHHHHH!”
She is bouncing around the room, the walls are vibrating.
It has made the top ten funny things I have witnessed thus far in my life.

Needless to say......Preston was well impressed with the outcome of the match...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home