Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If I were a horse they'd put me down.

Damn, damn, DAMN!!!

Looks like Prestons' dodgy ligament worries are back. Bring on the zimmer.

Yep, felt a twinge in the knee about a week back but tried to ignore it. I guess I just wanted to believe that, like the rest of the population, I could walk around quite freely NOT resembling a war vet whose taken a hit of shrapnel to the leg.

So it's back to the smarmy consultant. He'll take one look at me, shake his head, reiterate that I am alas too young for a knee replacement, and then continue on to offer me a series of dire options.

My first consultant (not smarmy and actually treated me like I had some modicum of intelligence), suggested that I was in this predicament because I'm aussie. Yep, if I was english then I'd be a fat lazy git who never got their ass from the lounge. The type of person who would catch a bus and only travel 2 stops (why, why WHY?).

So I now realise the error of my ways. I should have just been a lazy git for the past 20 years. The type of person who, thinks back to the days before the remote control, and shudders at the thought of changing channels manually. The type who considers sport to be somethoing you look at but dont touch. The type who can multitask a beer AND a fag at the same time. The type who is looking forward to 'pegging out' at a young age via a huge vascular accident (as opposed to a huge white van accident - something I'm faced with every time I jump on Ruprect and cycle London).

The choice is easy.

Be a lazy git who although, can walk quite easy minus the limp, probably wont cos why walk when there's a perfectly good bus to catch....

or...


Be a sporty dynamo, who, although is a dab hand at most sports will be looking into wheelchair tennis as an option at the ripe old age of 45.

Crap (sob)

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno. I'm a fat lazy git and the last six months my knee is so bad walking down stairs is a new experiance in pain.

You will be ok. Be happy that you are a sprty Aussie Goddess. ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home