Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Vunderful, Vunderful,.....Hold on....that's Copenhagen!

Aaahhh Bugger it...Vunderful, Vunderful Amsterdam!

Preston took in another part of the world last week. Yep! Spent about 5 days in Amsterdam and loved every minute of it!

It was a right knees up!

Slightly scary highlight of the trip? That would have to be on my first morning there, where, going beyond normal Preston boundaries, I got lost. Now how did it go....left at the flower markets, right at the main shopping street...and...wait a minute...what a fabulous pair of shoes,....oh...and check out that interior design shop...and I might just stop in a bar now.....and...where the hell am I? So Preston goes troddling off in a direction that looks nice. Aaaaahhh nice canal, nice architecture, nice bars. I'm really lost now.

But guys...that's not the scary bit...I mean....it's not like I made a wrong turn in Oz, and ended up a thousand miles from....say....running water. No! I was lost and exploring. What was scary, was the fact that during the time I was lost, I needed sustenance, so bought a drink and a banana. Whilst walking down the street, eating the banana, a guy with a huge................................telephoto lense (apologies for the pregnant pause alluding to a sexual pun), started snapping away whilst I was mid-mouthful. I was stunned and almost choked myself with laughter (and the strategically placed banana). The guy got a photo of that too. Now I really started laughing. I said words to the effect of....'that was mean'....but he wagged his finger, and with a cheeky smile said something in a foreign language and blew me a kiss. Hmmmmmmmmmm will chalk that one down to 'Only in Amsterdam'.

So during my trip, I decided that I never want anyone to refer to my dress style as quirky. Cos Preston saw alot of 'quirky' and realised quirky is the last stop on the train bound for Fashion Disaster!

The place I was staying in was amazing to say the least. 12 foot ceilings. A kitchen about 4 times the size of my bedroom in London (and in Sydney St in Oz). It was over 3 floors and about 5 minutes walk to....well....everywhere. Huge doors opened up onto a balcony. Because the flat is a home away from home for a friend, this means it is sparsely decorated. So picture a huge room, decked out with a three seater sofa, a couple of arm chairs, a coffee table....and that's about it. We would drag the sofa over in front of the huge doors to the balcony, and take in the sun....well...what there was of it.

And no folks!!! Preston abstained from drugs! There were too many other good things to be doing like....beer....and....shopping.....and going to dance clubs.....and beer.....and cracking open bottles of red. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And dont get me started on the bikes. The bikes rule there! Wow! Ruprect would be so excited! Though there's no way in hell I would take him there because he would be stolen and pimped out!

So Preston must say.....Thank you Jon. You were the perfect host. Maybe next time we can have our hash cookie picnic as planned.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home