Friday, August 04, 2006

Really Bad Movies

There are movies out there that defy reason. Ok You can see the concept pitch would have been almost plausible........

Quirky beautiful woman meets arrogant money-hungry arsehole with an anger problem. She stalks him, (over the course of 48hrs) asking him to move in with her for a month. He does, he changes, they fall in love.....she dies.

Add in the left of centre Scottish cross-dressing gay neighbour and an insightful 8yr old fatherless loner kid and you have a recipe for ............hmmmmmmmmmmm........a c grade movie.

Things I learnt from the movie.

I too can be quirky if I wear oversized jumpers, dresses and workboots.

A man can fall in love with me if I stalk him. I mean, eventually he will see the light. Even if we are diametrically opposed on all levels.

An arrogant shit of a guy can turn all lovey and considerate if he justs throws away the suits and wear jeans and oversized hoodies.

Thomas and I watched this film last night. Ok. It was my call. When I mentioned I wanted to watch it, she groaned. She had every right to groan. During the course of the movie we exchanged many nervous glances.

Sorry Thomas. But I'm thinking. maybe we should start some kind of system for these films. After 20 min, we should pause it....then both write our imagined synopsis of the thing, then at the end, read out each others and see who got closest.

I think Thomas would have won last night. I would have written that, after having suffered from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for a year and on deaths door, she would have some miracle recovery. Afterall, it was Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home