Monday, August 14, 2006

Funny thing happened on the way to a blind date........

So, those of you who know me, know that I have met guys through internet sites in the past. For the record it has NEVER worked out. But you never know....I will throw caution to the wind and keep trying.

So here I was, on the way to meet up with a guy. I was waiting on the platform at Kennington, waiting for the Charing Cross branch tube. It was about a 15 minute wait as the tube workers walked up and down the empty train talking into their walkie talkie's and looking serious. Anyway, I look down the platform and notice a woman. A woman dressed in a cowboy hat, long fluro pink wig and HUGE white sunglasses. I smiled to myself and thought 'It takes all sorts'. I kind of like the 'out there' people in London. I don't look and snigger. Don't look and judge. Anyway, I went back to waiting, not thinking about the pink-wigged woman. Then the tube was ready. The doors opened and we all piled on. Without knowing it, I made for the seat directly opposite the pink-wigged woman. I glanced at her and glanced away and went back to listening to Depeche Mode. I then happened to glance at her again but this time she smiled at me - A HUGE SMILE! I smiled back. She then started waving and smiling at me. I smiled back whilst thinking (dear god - don't create a scene lady - I only smiled at you). She then pushed her feet across at me and played footsies with me whilst laughing maniacally. It went something like this - MWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!

There was nowhere to run - nowhere to hide. Bystanders were looking at me as if to say 'better you than me luv'.

She then whipped off her sunglasses.

I knew her! It was Leah - a chick I know from a regular girls night out I go on. She's a friend of a friend of a friend.

We then both laughed maniacally as my reaction was loud and proud and her reaction was.... well...... a continuation of the previous maniacal laughter. It turns out we were both on the way to blind dates. What a hoot. Apparently she had posted a picture on a dating site of her in the wig and glasses. The guy had responded to her fun photo. Apparently when they were arranging to meet up he had asked her how he would recognise her. Her reply was 'Oh....Don't you worry. You'll recognise me'.
So what's the chances that we would meet each other, both on the way to blind dates.

Oh, and for those wondering. My date went great. I have great respect for a guy who smacks me on the arse in the middle of a restaurent! Especially when it is in response to a great 'pay out' from me. Excellent stuff.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home